My Grandma makes the best banana bread ever, but I cant help feeling like I’ve ruined my clean-eating streak for the day. Not to mention I get so tired and lethargic after eating bread in general! I came upon this recipe by accident because when I texted my mom for my grandmas recipe, she didn’t get it to me in enough time and so I was forced to improvise (and I’m glad I did!) This recipe is dairy-free (if you substitute the chocolate chips) and corn-free. I also use alternative sweetening ingredients which means its actually more healthy for you! Next time you’re eating this, you won’t have to worry about all those excess sugars and fats that come with baking because everything I use is naturally sweet.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup lactose free yogurt (vanilla coconut,almond or soy milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (There are dairy-free chocolate chips available too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add two bananas, coconut oil, date syrup, eggs and yogurt into a blender and blend well.
- Put all wet ingredients from the blender into a large bowl and add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir well and then add chocolate chips if using.
- Grease bread tin with coconut oil and then pour in the mixture.
- Cut the remaining banana down the middle and add to the top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Add dairy free butter to the warm bread and enjoy!