As a college student, I am always on the go, but I don’t want to sacrifice my health for processed and artificial foods . I love these recipes because I can make them all beforehand and snack on them all throughout the week without having to feel totally guilty about what I am eating! These snacks can be made in advance, making it easy to stay on the right track!
Almond Butter Protein Bites
- 2/3 cup almond butter (peanut butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Let dough to sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow easy assembly.
- Roll dough into balls and put in plastic bags. They are now ready to eat!
- 3 apples of your choice (red delicious is said to work best)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Set oven to 270 F.
- Slice all apples as thinly as possible.
- Place sliced apples in a single layer on two separate cookie sheets.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle evenly on all apples (add more than the recipe calls if desired).
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, then flip apples and set in the oven for another hour.
Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 12-cup muffin tin
- In a small bowl, stir together almonds, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Evenly place the crumble into the muffin tin sections.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and honey. Evenly place the yogurt into the muffin tin sections.
- Top with fresh fruit and sprinkle with a little bit more coconut sugar.
- Allow to freeze for about 6 hours.
Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Bites
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup cranberry trail mix (get the one with just nuts, raisins, and berries)
- Place a small saucepan filled with 1/3 cup water on the stove and heat on medium.
- Immediately place a glass bowl on top of the sauce pan big enough to cover the opening. This is a reverse boil.
- Place chocolate chips in the bowl and melt. If water starts to boil over, turn heat down.
- Once chocolate is melted, dollop chocolate in small bite-sized circles on a lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle trail mix on top of melted chocolate and put in the freezer for about 1 hour.
Almond Butter Rice Cake
- Almond butter (peanut butter or sunflower seed butter)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Rice cakes
- Spread almond butter evenly on rice cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of rice cake.
- Add bananas, coconut flakes, or any other topping as desired