I can not wait to share this recipe with you! I had all of my roommates try these pancakes and they loved them! This is one of the recipes I make again and again because it is just THAT good. They are made with only five ingredients and are gluten, wheat, dairy, and corn free! The perfect vegan recipe can be difficult to achieve because you use so many alternative binding and flavoring ingredients, but this one is fool-proof. If you have a nice and fancy food processor then your pancakes will turn out having a more fluffy consistency. Since mine isn’t too fancy, they tend to be a little more dense which doesn’t take away from the flavor at all, just the texture a little bit!
Note: You can obviously see I am not vegan because I ate my pancakes with bacon and eggs, but practicing alternative cooking doesn’t have to apply to vegans. Most alternative cooking is so much healthier for you anyways!
Here’s the recipe:
Total cooking time: 20 min
Makes about 4 pancakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cinnamon apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
(you can add vegan chocolate chips as well for a really sweet treat!)
- Place oats, chia seeds, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a food processor and blend until it becomes as close to a powder as you can get it.
- Pour blended ingredients into a mixing bowl and add apple sauce and almond milk.
- Mix together until everything is fully incorporated.
- Heat medium sauce pan and cook like a regular pancake! (the batter may thicken depending on how long it sits. If this happens, just put it on the pan like normal and make sure to flatten it as much as possible)
- Serve with 100% pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, or both!